Pages

Sunday, April 16, 2017

Butterfly Fly Away!

Hello again,

Today's topic: BUTTERFLIES. Beautiful right? For this post we are talking all about the metamorphosis of butterflies and the steps they take through their life cycle. So come on in and take a seat in our 2nd grade science class! 

Our tool up for discussion is Animoto, an online video creation service that produces video from photos, video clips, and music into video slideshows. See my examples below!





Pros: This is a cool tool to use if you cant quite find the video you are looking for. It is also a nice change from a regular slideshow presentation. The music, pictures, and video will be a fun addition to your classroom. I also think that the kids will stay focused better with the fun animations that some of the templates have. It is easy to use and it has a tutorial as well that I found very helpful.

Cons: The only way I could use the site was through a free trial, after that trial is up you will have to subscribe and pay for your account. I also found the templates to be kind of restricting. The template I used fit perfectly because it contained butterflies and I was talking about, well, butterflies! However, I can see it being an issue finding something that works for every topic.
  • UEN Content Standard: 2nd Grade Science
    • Standard 4, Objective 1-a. "Compare and contrast the characteristics of living things in different habitats."
  • ISTE Standard: Empowered Learner
    • I use technology to set goals, work toward achieving them, and demonstrate my learning.
  • Ed Tech Standard: Standard 5
    • Use technology tools (e.g., multimedia authoring, presentation, web tools, digital cameras, scanners) for activities to create knowledge products for audiences inside and outside the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment