Pages

Sunday, April 16, 2017

Lets Talk Food

Welcome back fellow teachers!

I am excited for today's post as we step into a 3rd Grade Health Education class. Today's topic? The Food Pyramid. The platform I chose to teach this subject is called EDpuzzle. This website allows you to choose any video, upload it to the website, crop it down, add audio overlays, insert text, even add mid video quizzes or commentary! This was helpful with my topic because as the students watched the video they were able to fill out questions that coincided with that part of the video. Super helpful! The video itself focuses on the different food groups and what is included in them.
Pros: This website has been, by far, my favorite tool and I can definitely see myself using it in my future classrooms. You can use it in any subject, it is fun to use (as a teacher AND as a student), it allows creativity in your questions, easy access, free, and overall it will help kids focus during any video!

Cons: The only cons I could come up with was how it might be difficult to select a video to use, and that not everyone has internet access at home.
  • Content Standard: Health Education- 3rd Grade
    • ***Standard 6 Objective 1.a.b. "Record daily food intake. Determine a balanced diet based on the Food Guide Pyramid"
  •  ISTE Standard: Empowered Learner
    •  I use technology to demonstrate my learning
  •   Ed Tech Standard: Standard no. 8
    • Use technology resources (e.g., calculators, data collection probes, videos, educational software) for problem-solving, self-directed learning, and extended learning activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment